Garlic has been used as both food and medicine for as long as humans have recorded history. It is interesting to note that the most important active compound, allicin, is not actually present in fresh garlic. Allicin is relatively unstable, and is produced by a cascade of chemical reactions that take place when fresh garlic is cut or crushed. Garlic contains the chemicals alliin and allinase. These two chemicals combine to produce allicin, the active ingredient in garlic that most scientists believe is responsible for providing important support for cardiovascular health. Due to allicin’s instability, quality garlic products are those that preserve garlic’s potential to produce allicin in the body, more specifically in the small intestine. Therefore, the measure of a product’s “total allicin potential” (TAP) is the critical measure of quality.
GCI Nutrients solved the most intractable problems limiting the physiological effectiveness, consumer acceptance, and mass-market growth of supplements based on garlic:
- The inherent instability of its allicin-related compounds;
- Their rapid destruction by gastric acids in the stomach that led to ineffective absorption of allicin into the bloodstream, thus drastically reducing garlic’s health benefits;
- The strong odor and stomach upset they cause; and
- The need for targeted delivery of these compounds – intact – to the small intestine for optimal absorption
and maximum benefit.
The Benefits of GarliSure™
- Promotes cardiovascular health*
- Supports the immune system*
- Improves overall energy levels*